Hey all,
I've spent the last two hours researching this online. What I want to do is build a wall-mounted electric-adjustable desk that also folds into the wall. Tall ask, I know. I already have a wall-mounted foldable desk, so I've been thinking through this a little bit.
There are wall adjustable shelving units that clip a joint into a socket (I see joints like this at my local gym for instance). This isn't ideal for adjusting a desk when you have stuff on the desk because you effectively must first detach the desk from the wall.
On the electric-adjustable side, I found this: https://www.firgelliauto.com/products/electric-column-lift
It's expensive. There are a variety of video tutorials showing crank-arm adjustable desks. These videos don't generally discuss the mechanics underlying the lift for me to repeat the steps with my own parts. However, this doesn't seem like rocket science to me. I'm sure someone that is a mechnical engineer might have a simple explanation for building such a device. It seems like there are pneumatic options (piston-driven???) and then lift options.
This is the best DIY video I found but it doesn't seem to give me all the answers, but reading through the comments looks like he uses a "trailer lift" which is crank operated and seems feasible to graft an electrical motor onto???: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiSZufAtpRE
Is this possible for me to understand how to DIY this and find parts online??? Sorry if this is a crap post! Also sorry if this belongs on a different sub.
[link] [comments]
from The ME Hang Out https://ift.tt/2EkPONi https://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Comments
Post a Comment