Question about Client side HVAC engineering role (Australia)

Hi all,

I recently started working for a company as a project engineer, where I will be looking after the hydraulics (domestic water, waste water, sewer) and wet services (chilled water, condenser water etc).

A major part of the role is in reviewing plans and schematics from both the design consultants and the contractors' shop drawings. I feel reasonably comfortable that I can review shop drawings against the design and specifications, however my issue is that I don't know what I should be seeing on the plans and schematics. There are so many components within a broader open/closed loop chiller system, for example, that besides the chillers and CTs themselves, how can I be sure that all the right valves, pipework and measuring devices have been accounted for. I suppose I don't really understand the designs as a whole, and I can guarantee that my studies did not prepare me for this either!

Any advice or direction towards resources anyone can provide would be greatly appreciate! Cheers.

submitted by /u/Entaaro
[link] [comments]

from The ME Hang Out https://ift.tt/38GQJFt https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments