Is the group interested in information regarding heat sinks (thermal management)?

Hello ME's,

I'm trying to get a feel for whether I should post content related to thermal management - specifically heat sinks and even more specifically heat sinks using heat pipes or vapor chambers (two-phase devices). I've reviewed threads in this group and I don't see many questions related to this topic - that's why I'm sheepishly asking this question.

​

Full disclosure - I work for an ultra-niche custom heat sink manufacturer specializing in two-phase solutions. However, years ago we decided to write content that wouldn't be (to the greatest extent possible) a marketing vehicle but rather a source of basic to intermediate level explanations/tips of when and how to use heat pipes or vapor chambers in a thermal solution. Our CEO, George Meyer, is heavily involved with educational thermal symposiums: Semi-Therm and IMAPS.

​

I'd like to ask for comments on whether you'd be interested in me posting content under the following categories

  • Online calculators for: estimating heat sink volume (size), seeing the relative Delta-T performance improvement (if any) of a vapor chamber base vs a solid aluminum or copper base in a heat sink design, calculating the maximum power carrying capacity of a specific diameter heat pipe given specifically input variables.
  • Design Guides, Tips, and videos on heat pipe and vapor chamber usage conditions, pro's and con's, common mistakes, ideal conditions, etc.

​

If there is interest, I'm happy to enter all content within reddit (as we do within LinkedIn gourps) vs. giving you a URL - Any preferences?

​

Thanks for your time and input.

​

Marc

submitted by /u/mdcelsia
[link] [comments]

from The ME Hang Out http://bit.ly/2X8PXep https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments